Friday, September 21, 2012

Sept 21st Daily Reflection

Today is Belize's Independence Day and I can remember when we achieved independence in 1981, the celebration, the cheering, the excitement that things would be different, the pride that no other country could tell us what to do. And I still feel proud and can vividly recall independence eve night. I reflect on this event because at times we get so caught up in being independent that we draw away from the Lord and try to do things ourselves. However, the beauty of independence is the ability to choose to be dependent, dependent on the Lord of guidance, dependent on the Lord peace, dependent on the Lord for a fulfilled life. Over the past few days, as I have struggled to find a few quite moments to be with the Lord, my appreciation of the moments increase. And I know that they only way to Get thru the biggest transformation of my life is to be so close to the Lord that I can hear him in the noisiest places.

How is being dependent on the Lord giving you strength?

No comments:

Post a Comment