Thursday, February 16, 2012

Feb 16th Daily Reflection

I was excited about a trip I was going to take then I was asked to postpone it. I was a bit disappointed, however, believed that it was the right decision. Then yesterday, the day I was suppose to leave, I got really ill (the firsts time in about 10 yrs) with the biggest issue being my head feeling as if it would explode. Of course, if I had forged ahead with the trip, I would have been really miserable and gotten sicker. Instead, I got to spend the day sleeping and recovering really quickly. Today's devotion is so timely because it talks about thanking the Lord for conditions that require that you are still. I was still yesterday because any movement was causing me pain. And during that stillness, I got an opportunity to renew my faith in the Lord, my family, friends and co-workers. I got an opportunity to find very nice ways to express my displeasure and got to refortify some of my relationship. Because of this, I give thanks for the disappointment and for getting ill.

how are you turning disappointment and illness into a worship of the Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment