Sunday, February 26, 2012

Feb 26th Daily Reflection

Self reliance, something I have been thought since I was a child. You need to be able to do things for yourself, you need to figure out things yourself, you need to solve your problems yourself. Engaging others is a sign of weakness, a sign of laziness, a sign of not using our God given talents. However, these lessons were never complimented with the fact that you need to be fully reliant on the Lord and that without him, none of these teachings are possible and even if they appear possible, the eventual outcome will not meet your expectation. I am just learning that self reliance means fully trusting in the Lord, relying only on him and trusting that he will take care of me. And even though the Lord has consistently kept his promise and taken care of me, I still worry about the future, I still spend time trying to solve my problems myself and I still try to dictate what will happen in my life. Sins that I have been commiting without being aware that I was. Today's devotion has open my eyes to this realization. Next step, how do I remind myself to return to the Lord whenever I am tempted to commiting these sins. Of course, the answer is look to the Lord and he will help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment