Monday, January 14, 2013

Jan 14th Daily Reflection

I went for a 50 mile bike ride yesterday as I work my way back to riding 80 to 100 miles in one day. And on my ride, my mind wondered and I was just in the moment. And even though it was a route I rode numerous times before, I saw things I never saw before even though they were always there. It also allowed me to reflect on how weak an individual I am and how most of the time I am clutching the Lord's hand for dear life when others think I am so put together. It made me smile to think how afraid I am of most things and only by the grace of God do I accomplish anything but people think I am some accomplished person. And when I share my doubts and weaknesses they dismiss me.  And I thought, how can the world not see the afraid, frighten person I am? Today's devotion gives me some insight. By being weak and staying close to the Lord, in my case clutching his hand for dear life, I am made strong and what the world sees is not me but the Lord being channelled through me. They are expriencing the Lord through me so they are not really seeing me. This realization is making my hear smile because there is not really a disconnect as I thought, simply people experiencing the Lord!

How is your weakness bringing you closer to the Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment