Sunday, March 4, 2012

March 4th Daily Reflection

Everyday I read the daily devotion even if I sometimes don't post anything. Along with the daily devotion, I also read a number of other books as I continue my journey with the Lord. My spiritual director has provided me with a number of books that have been extremely helpful. I have also searched and found some equally inspiring books. And today, after reading one such book, I took the time to reflect on all I have learnt over the past few months of reading. It hit as I was opening my heart and letting the love flow thru.

What hit me you ask? How to reconcile the logical with the spiritual - books either advocate one or the other but not both or at least the books I have read, ahve not. Here is my meger attempt to reconcile both, of course, a few weeks from now I will have another position. Assess a situation, create a plan, look to the Lord, rejoice regardless of the outcome, repeat. The plan is my faith, looking to the Lord is my trust, and my rejoicing is my love. Love of the Lord that his will is the only thing that is important because if you can love when you preceive things are bad, you can love when you think things are good.

Faith, trust, love - all you need to be close to the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment