Tuesday, December 27, 2011

December 27th Daily Reflection

I enjoyed today's devotion because it reminds me of the importance of taking time and not being busy. I spent the day yesterday, reading, reflecting and sleeping - pretty lazy day by most standards and even more lazy given I had stuff I could have done. However, at the end of the day, I was more energized than if I had spent the day getting things done. For the first time, I didn't feel guilty about not doing stuff and then today's devotion talks about being with the Lord, spending time to be quiet and not being too caught up with doing things. And I agree, by not being busy, I am more centered to be a better contributor to the world and deal with the adversaries that are sure to come my way.

Spending time with the Lord, what a spiritually renewing activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment