Thursday, December 29, 2011

December 29th Daily Reflection

Yesterday was a true test of my faith and while I faltered a little, I was able to rise to the occassion! I am excited because while faltering I realized that I didn't loss faith and my actions after faltering was from a position of faith. How did I falter and recover? I got a call that my mom's car won't start and I instantly got upset because I have been asking her since the beginning of the month to take it to the mechanic and if her car dies, we will be carless. Then I calmed down and thought about life carless, what would it mean? It would mean I would have to walk, ride and use public transportation. So would that be a big deal? Not really since all my important activities I can get to either by walking, riding or using public transportation. Then I tried something really cool, what if I had to walk to work? Could I do it? So I walked home from work, stopping to get the oil needed for the car, and was able to do it in 1 hr and 20 mins. So I can get to work on foot - great, I can ride to the Habitat volunteer site - that takes an hr, and all other things of interested are in my neighborhood. So I realized that not having a car would only make me exercise more, what's the big deal? Because I trusted in the Lord, I was able to see the coolness of not having a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment