Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December 6th Daily Reflection

I use to watch people who appeared deeply religious - went to church mutliple times per week, went to bible study, tithe and said they prayed daily be the most judgemental and unforgiving when someone did something wrong and I use to think wow, I don't want to be a Christian because I think that is not the way to be. It took me awhile to come to terms that I can be a Christian and not be like that. Today's devotion clearly states how someone can claim to be a Christian but not act in a Christian manner - doing everything for show from the head instead of the heart will create such a person. However, to truly be a Christian means daily renewal of your relationship with the Lord in ways that might not be consistent - sometimes it is praying, other times reflecting while other times simply doing, however, always with the motivation coming from the heart not the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment