Sunday, December 16, 2012

Dec 16th Daily Reflection

This holiday season, I am doing something different. Instead of providing material gifts, I am giving the gift of the Lord's love. Of course, the first response by everyone is that I am being cheap, however, that response is an indication of the pushback I receive when I try to live a Godly life. People think I am weird or that I am making them wrong because I refuse to get caught up in the blantant consumption that helps us avoid the most important thing of the season, loving the Lord, rejoicing in his birth and allowing myself to be a conduit of his love. Because I have decided not to get caught up in the shopping and running around, I actual have more time, less stress and I am able to share the Lord's love with a number of friends who I would otherwise not be able to share his love.

How is loving the Lord helping you get thru the holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment